EURACON is a non-profit Association for Communications & Networking.
The aims of the European Association for Communications & Networking are to:
- Organise and endorse European Conferences, European workshops, and all associated events in the field of Communications and Networking (hereinafter, C&N);
- Support European Schools, as well as M.Sc. & PhD programmes on C&N;
- Create or endorse (on-line) scientific publications (books, periodicals) with the highest scientific standards in C&N
- Create a European web portal about research and education in C&N based also on the former European ViCe-WiCom (Virtual Centre of Excellence in Wireless Communications);
- Circulate and exchange information among European scientists and engineers in C&N, and promoting standardisation;
- Facilitate contacts between, on the one hand, the academic and scientific milieu and, on the other hand, industry, services and Institutions at the European level in C&N;
- Promote European research on C&N;
- Promote and harmonize co-operation across national C&N communities and Societies;
- Support the EC in the definition of the research agenda in C&N;
- Coordinate and manage large-scale C&N research and formation initiatives.